Friday, July 4, 2008

Discipline follow-up

PWD has a post up over at GSB regarding the recent legal troubles with the football team. Since I just touched on this last night I figured I'd thrown in my comments::

I couldn't agree more.

Basically it boils down to this..
1) If you hit guys (especially nobody average students) you deserve to get kicked off the team or suspended for a lengthy amount of time.
2) If you hit women you deserve a swift kick in the balls .
3) If you do drugs you've got bigger problems. (I'm looking at you Jimmy Johns
4) If you get a DUI or other alcohol related arrest more than once you've got bigger problems. (I'm looking at you Billy Humphrey)

Most other stuff gets too much press for it's own good.

I whole heartedly agree with his comments regarding "thugish" behavior. It's bad for our media image (see Miami of the 90's), and it attracts the wrong kind of recruits. If it becomes a trend can certainly foreshadow a downturn for a program.

And for the most part I've seen comments from players and coaches about what the majority of the team is doing during this off season and it sounds as if Stafford is stepping up, AJ Green is the real deal, Asher Allen is ready to step into the lime light on defense and all the pieces are settling in.



Suspense Builds...

-RDD

No comments: